Monday, January 5, 2015

Goodbye Vegetarianism! Hello Fishies!

Well...for now.
Let's just forget about the plate-sized bloat-city omelette, the re-constitued cup of peanut butter, the all you can eat endless bowl of Goldfish, oh, and the half a watermelon-in-one-sitting food fads. The next Paula-Super-Awesome-Food-Fad-Consumption-Idea begins now (well, tomorrow, but I have all the ingredients now, like currently in my possession, just not cooked because, well, the husband has hockey practice but whateverrrr it can wait I guess)...now!

We, as a tiny fam, are upping our protein the old fashioned, carnivore way - through fish! While I will never consume land animals again, my ability to consume certain fish hasn't yet taken hold of my inability to consume the walking meats (i.e., piggies, cow, the ol buffalos-a-roamin', chickies, baby cows, sheeps, etc.). Why oh why are we doing this? Well, I need a change in diet. I'm bored. I'm sure, actually certain, there are a million easy-peasy vegan meals out there. But I'm looking for fast, high protein, clean eating, kick-my-metabolism-into-gear dinners! While this may only be a fad, it's also an experiment. Since birthing my daughter, I easily lost the "baby weight" and got back into shape...quick. BUT! I'm still not happy. I was on track toward becoming the weight I've wanted to be for quite some time. Remember folks, I'm a bit above 5'2, and while my weight is of no issue in regards to health, I (ME and ME alone) have a number in my head. I've had this number for a long time and I wish to reach it. This may seem silly, pointless, vain, unnecessary but it's MY silly, pointless, vain, and unnecessary endeavor. The husband is my biggest fan and continually praises my efforts and has resigned himself to the fact that I'm the most attractive woman he has ever known! All a girl needs right? Absolutely! But! A Big ol Butt, I need motivation. So while my husband finds me perfect, I need to remain motivated by focusing on what I feel needs to change. Believe me, through all this rambling, there is a positive here: I want to live through my 30's being healthy, happy, and in great physical shape!

So what's on the menu? I'm a proponent of fresh, wild salmon. It's a bit pricey, so I limited the amount I bought for the spouse, step-daughter, and myself. Instead, I stocked up on different kinds of wild white fish (I avoided shellfish for allergy reasons). Along with the fishies, the husband and I will consume some of our favorites: spaghetti squash, butternut squash, roasted beets and carrots, etc. All food items will be prepared without unnecessary oils, sugars, or salting, and with an emphasis on fresh herbs and spices.

I will continue to update with healthy, light, awesome dinners to jumpstart your own new you! I plan on giving an update in approximately a week - let's hope for the best! And yes, that's Lincoln peeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment