Monday, October 27, 2014

Zucchini "Pizza"

 
I don't eat pizza. <---- Is that not the saddest thing you've read all week, no wait, in your LIFETIME? It's true! I just don't. The last time a slice of pizza met my mouth in a glorious reunion was approximately 11-12 years ago...I was 18. Little ol 18 year old me, just minding her own business, eating this, consuming that, and not paying attention to her health. Silly teenaged me. Well, as what usually occurs when something high fat/high carb/high in amazingness touches my belly, I gained weight. Oh it wasn't just the pizza, but that had to hit the road just for good measure.
 
So here we are today, over a decade later, and gosh darnit I'm gonna have myself a GD pizza in the form of a well-seasoned, low-fat, low-carb, no-hurt-my-belly la piiiizza squash!
 
:s
 
Recipe Deets
 
2 yellow squash cut in half length-wise
1 pint of cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 white onion chopped
2 gloves of garlic minced
salt to taste
basil/thyme/parsley (dried, unless you have the real thang)
Grated Parm cheese
 
Pre-heat oven to 375°
 
- Line a baking pan with foil and place cut squash in a row (like boats in a marina)
- In a medium frying pan, spray some oil and heat the pan at medium/high, then add the onions
- Let the onions simmer a bit (2-3 minutes) then add tomatoes
- Season with salt and Italian mix (basil, thyme, parsley)
- Add garlic and cook for about 10 minutes on medium
- As stuffs are a-cookin', season the squash by drizzling some olive oil and shaking some of that Italian mixture over top of each
- Once you're done cooking your tomatoes, pile on top of each squash 
- Sprinkle as much parm cheese as you would like!
- Stick in oven for 25-30 minutes until squash is super soft and lightly brown on the edges
 
Now go enjoy your pizza boat!


No comments:

Post a Comment