Monday, September 9, 2013

Vegetarian Dinner ~ light yet filling

Din-time is very important to me for numerous reasons: (1) I'm practically starving from the last time I had a snack, ohhhh, 2 hours prior...maybe, (2) I want to consume something that isn't carb heavy, but also has all the elements needed for the growth of my swiftly developing little one, and (3) I tend to like to graze the pantry closet, so creating a meal that's filling AND light is key!

This recipe makes a fair amount, so that means dinner for two and leftovers for the next few days (lunch anyone??)

1 English cucumber cut into bite sized pieces
2 large red peppers in bite sized pieces
1 pint of cherry tomatoes halved
1 cup of cooked corn
chopped fresh parsley to taste
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tablespoon of olive oil
sea salt and pepper to taste
2 fried eggs (for a serving of two)

Combine all ingredients (minus the eggs) and cool for approximately 20-30 minutes. Once chilled, fry your eggs and serve! Voila! Easy peasy dinner for two :>

No comments:

Post a Comment