Sunday, September 8, 2013

Baby-Making Budget ~ autumn decor on the cheap!

With Halloween on the way, I'm beginning to see all sorts of Autumnal decor sprouting up all over the internets and in craft stores like Michaels, AC Moore, and JoAnn Fabrics. Last year I would've thought, "well I don't mind if I do!" and grabbed a piece-o-something here and there to decorate the house. But this year, with the step-child in 10th grade and a small human brewing in my belly, I thought more logically about the matter - "heck, I'll make something myself!"
yes, that is a carrot.
First, I thought about what I had already: an apothecary glass from being wed to the spouse, some LED battery lights, and nifty smelling pinecones leftover from the previous year's Christmas projects. With those pieces in mind, and a bit of inspiration from Pinterest, I took my 40% off coupon and darted to Michaels. The place always has all kinds of sales, so I grabbed 4 mini-bundles of autumn-esque faux-flowers and one bag of tiny-pumpkins, then I was on my way with having spent under ten buck-a-roos for the lot!

The entire process was a bit tedious, but with a little bit of patience (and I truly mean a little bit, for anyone who knows me) and an eye for aesthetics, I finished the centerpiece in about 20 minutes. It turned out quite well, and is super simple for anyone who wants to give it a go. So simple, I bringing leftover "ingredients" to my sister's abode next weekend so that she may have a pretty centerpiece too!

No comments:

Post a Comment