Monday, July 22, 2013

Why Morning Sickness is a Lie

Morning sickness is a lie because it doesn't pertain exclusively to the morning hours of the day! Oh no, this 1st Trimester guest enjoys coming on strong around the 7th week and making itself known throughout the remainder of the 12 weeks. Well, I'm 9 weeks along, and while most of the nausea and headaches have subsided, I'm left with extreme fatigue and odd aversions to some of my favorite foods!

Essentially, this unborn child has taken my will to eat the foods I love and zapped my energy to the point of being couch ridden by 8pm, and fast asleep by 9:30. This fun, youthful, sports loving 29 year old has taken on the life of an 80 year old woman. I'm counting down the days until this little uterus traveler returns my energy and love of food...while slowly, but surely I wave goodbye to the physical and mental form that I once knew ;>

So how have I been combatting the dreaded morning sickness (besides complaint)?
Say hello to my middle-of-the-night saviors. Any mothers who have gone through the dreaded mid-night stomach pains knows what I speak of when I say a small bite of a banana can be the difference between drifting back into slumberland or lying awake trying to will away the pain, which seems so deeply internal that it makes me wonder whether or not the little one is banging its under-developed fists on my uterine wall!

One capsule of ginger prior to breakfast can be the difference in extreme or manageable nausea. The spouse researched the correct ginger tablets that are safe for growing humans before allowing me to greedily consume the little gel-caps in preparation for some epic food-in-mouth performances!

While I'd like to say that it helped each and every time I ate. I found that my aversion to certain foods far outweighed the ginger's tummy calming properties.

Favorite foods such as egg whites, asparagus, and any flavored salty snack that wasn't a bland saltine cracker are a few of the items baby has decided "No! Mom no have no mo'!"

sads.


This little item came a bit late on the scene, but let me say it has been a wonderful! Instead of being bed-ridden for hours, my nausea and headaches were reduced to a semi-functioning level all with the help of these little pressure point wristbands! Sea-bands are a natural way to relieve morning sickness and seem to provide a bit of relief so that I may continue to work and bring home the bread ;>

Up next? When will this bebe show itself??

9 weeks: Maintaining 114.2-115.2 (minimal weight-loss)

2 comments: